đŸ‡ș🇾 Politics general—2020 US Presidential Election

i dont think theres anything wrong with those criticisms. If you think they've exagerrated, sure, but meeting with Hillary is suspcious. Obviously, you can't assume *what* theyr'e talking about and how important the talks are (they might just be pointless) but it's obv not just sitting for tea. You can't really weigh how important it is so I've laid off of criticizing her for it but It'snot like it's completely nothing.

She absolutely does deserve criticism for taking corporate money though.

I think I can speak for most of those people when I say that I am disappointed in Warren's presidential run for a few things and that she would make a much better senate leader.

and as someone who's been a fan of Warren since at least 2013 I get why people think it has to do with her being a woman. I mean there's no denying that when a woman runs for president that there are double standards they face. Hillary, even though she pretty much ran the most incompetent campaign ever, did face misogyny too.

But that does not mean that they cannot face criticism - the posts saying she didn't with bernie happy bday are dumb AF but the meeting about clinton/health care statements/donors are legitimate.

Dalty Skywalker

Prominent Member
in retrospect im glad elizabeth got the cherokee thing out of the way and has done a good job apologizing for it afterwords

Dalty Skywalker

Prominent Member
My only complaint with her apology is that she didn't really say why it was problematic but I do think it was a geniuine apology so that makes it good in my book.
it made me realize how many dumbass americans take their grandparents "exotic" folklore as truth without any kind of evidence whatsoever sdkjf

the AMOUNT of ppl in high school that would tell me they were in some way related to pocahontas :ahh:

Dalty Skywalker

Prominent Member
i think i read somewhere that elizabeth and bernie had a private meeting early on where they agreed not to attack each other and to take different approaches (radical vs establishment) with the same goals and ideals in mind, so that if one of them lost, the other could still win and that it is more about keeping those values in mind while letting the ppl decide the method.

but who knows maybe we will get Joe Fucking Biden.

i think i read somewhere that elizabeth and bernie had a private meeting early on where they agreed not to attack each other and to take different approaches (radical vs establishment) with the same goals and ideals in mind, so that if one of them lost, the other could still win and that it is more about keeping those values in mind while letting the ppl decide the method.

but who knows maybe we will get Joe Fucking Biden.
im not 100% the convo went like that but they obviously have some kind of non-aggression pact. I want Bernie to come for her for her donors but honestly it wouldnt even be worth it because him attacking her would only make him look bad. He got lambasted for some things he said about Hillary when he was extremely tame on her and I think he's learned from that.

And even then Bernie has more to gain ffrom Biden flopping than he does from Liz losing support at this point in the race, so there really is not a huge reason to go after her anyway. Bernie could gain a lot of working class POC support from Biden as he is pretty good among that demographic.

Dalty Skywalker

Prominent Member

bernie FIVE points over Biden in net favorability this week things are looking good omg

This is literally the messiest poll ever :toofunny:

I'm not just saying that cause of low Sanders numbers (tho thats part of it, hes obv gonna win NH).

-Yang +8 vs Trump :toofunny:
-Kamala winning +2 vs Trump Warren losing -2 to Trump :ahh:
-Gabbard 6% :rip:
-Delaney 3% :rip: :rip:

waiting for harry and nate to dismiss this as an outlier.

Dalty Skywalker

Prominent Member

:rip:

FACT CHECK

after super tuesday
Hillary ~4,154,000
Bernie ~2,659,000
source
Sooooo it was actually 1.5 million that she was ahead, not 3 million.

Yes she was ahead, but it was not completely ungiveupable and the media was using superdelegates to push the gap even further and discourage bernie votes. he lost anyway (love shaking my bussy) and that's fine but it's not like... he should have been like "look supporters im gonna lose! vote for me anyway" that's ridiculous its an election.

Dalty Skywalker

Prominent Member
FACT CHECK

after super tuesday
Hillary ~4,154,000
Bernie ~2,659,000
source
Sooooo it was actually 1.5 million that she was ahead, not 3 million.

Yes she was ahead, but it was not completely ungiveupable and the media was using superdelegates to push the gap even further and discourage bernie votes. he lost anyway (love shaking my bussy) and that's fine but it's not like... he should have been like "look supporters im gonna lose! vote for me anyway" that's ridiculous its an election.
I think part of it was how bizarre he was behaving, he didn’t seem to seriously give a shit about being President and then changed his mind sometime around the time he got trounced on Super Tuesday

I think part of it was how bizarre he was behaving, he didn’t seem to seriously give a shit about being President and then changed his mind sometime around the time he got trounced on Super Tuesday
We all know there were many factors involved - his campaign was unorganized and poorly run but also there were factors intently working against him.
I don't think he didn't give a shit about being president. Where do you get that from?

Dalty Skywalker

Prominent Member
We all know there were many factors involved - his campaign was unorganized and poorly run but also there were factors intently working against him.
I don't think he didn't give a shit about being president. Where do you get that from?
he didnt have serious staffing or campaign organization until halfway through the election and seemed fairly interests driven during the first few debates. it was only later when he and hillary were going at each other that he seemed to be taking things seriously

he didnt have serious staffing or campaign organization until halfway through the election and seemed fairly interests driven during the first few debates. it was only later when he and hillary were going at each other that he seemed to be taking things seriously
I don't think that shows that he didn't want to be president but yeah like I said before - unorganized.
Luckily, he's super organized and his team this time around is soooo much better. :duca: He's gonna win.

Dalty Skywalker

Prominent Member
I don't think that shows that he didn't want to be president but yeah like I said before - unorganized.
Luckily, he's super organized and his team this time around is soooo much better. :duca: He's gonna win.
I think he initially ran to challenge Hillary and make her go more left and then changed his mind when he saw the support he had imho. He’s much better prepared this time.

I think he initially ran to challenge Hillary and make her go more left and then changed his mind when he saw the support he had imho. He’s much better prepared this time.
Either that or he thought poking holes in her primary campaign would be easier, but then he realized that she literally funded the DNC so they were basically HER apparatus. Prob a mix of both.

There was some story where he wanted Warren to run bc her ideas were more "paletable" to the mainstream but then he was even surrised as to the reception for him and he realized he could push the country's message more leftwards.

Dalty Skywalker

Prominent Member

Top Reload Bottom