TV 🛡 Game of Thrones—BR's Best Moments: And now our rate has ended.

sloth

&Y.
ugh the showrunners should have really been 100% female so they would know how to write for the strong ladies in the show

D&D those bumbling male buffoons really did nawt know how to depict the nuances and intricacies of all the ladies in the show. dany and cersei were so poorly mishandled in the end.

:saddog:

Comment

I love this, not for its elements of "foreshadowing" or "prophecy", but for the fact that this is most likely not going to happen in the books at all, and yet still, it feels like the perfect culmination to Arya Stark's arc - one in which she continuously had to shift between personalities, pretend to be someone else entirely for years and lose herself amidst her endless training so she could quench her seemingly bottomless thirst for revenge. But A Girl gradually found her ways back to becoming Arya Stark so, too, did she slowly shed her vengeful motives. Finally, she uses her hard-earned skills to save everyone, and Arya Stark becomes the hero of those stories she had once always dreamt so deeply to be.

(Ryan #4; Godrey #23; Penk #18; Matt #13)

Game of Trivia: Despite Ryan's high ranking of it, this moment quickly dropped off the list as no one else seemed to vote for it until Penk and Matt brought it back into the game. It's starting to look as if Matt truly is the real feminist between all of us. Godrey also wanted to share some interesting insight on this moment.

COMMENTS:
Ryan:
FEMINISM. I'm pretty sure I woke up my entire building from screaming at this. Big ups to Ramin Djawadi for his Philip Glass-inspired score too! The last fantastic moment of the show, but boy was it a doozy!
Godrey:

Comment
ugh the showrunners should have really been 100% female so they would know how to write for the strong ladies in the show

D&D those bumbling male buffoons really did nawt know how to depict the nuances and intricacies of all the ladies in the show. dany and cersei were so poorly mishandled in the end.

:saddog:
Tune in for the Game of Thrones prequel Bloodmoon: directed, written, and acted all by women, on your tv screens in 2020.

Comment

Hello. It is Me.

Prominent Member
I think that whole sequence with the music and everything was incredible but since it didn’t really mean anything at the end of the day it’s just kinda meh.

Comment

Subon

🧡
Didn't that kind of render the whole prophecy stuff Melisandre kept going on about moot? Best moment? I don't see it.

Comment

Truth be told, I didn't think of this moment at all when envisioning this rate in my head, but that's the beauty of our rates - lots of different opinions and points of view.
Viserys had it coming for him all season long so I doubt anyone cried over the brutality of this but rather cheered it on. Daenerys' stern glance is a sign of things to come - not that of a terrorist, but of a woman who would not shy away from making harsh decisions for a greater good if she must.

(Ridley #25; Dalty #23; phaggot #10; Matt #2)

Game of Trivia: We're back to phaggot and Matt in a successful team effort to bring their favorite moments into this rate. Fire can not kill a dragon, and likewise neither can anyone bring down these two's favorite moments!​

COMMENTS:
Ridley:
First satisfying death of the series?
Dalty: Viserys was hot but not hot enough to survive molten gold. Again, another moment that is now used to show Daenerys was secretly Hitler all along by D&D despite him being an abusive asshole that would have sold his sister to anyone and anything.

Comment

Straightup the most wholesome, earned emotional moment of the final season to me, this was a beautiful culmination of Brienne's selfless efforts finally being recognized by the men around her. It is also a peak in one of the series' most complex relationships in which Jaime gets to be the one to acknowledge her strength and accomplishments while further working towards proving himself as a better man (or so we thought).

(Ryan #10; Bruno #22; Dalty #9; Penk #22; Matt #21)

Game of Trivia: Honestly, I didn't track this moment's progress but it was very close to Viserys' Golden Crown which Matt rated his top 2. Little did he know, including this as his #21 instead of #22 would actually bump his other favorite moment down! This was also the best use of Tormund’s affection for Brienne yet!

COMMENTS:
Ryan:
ugly cries
Dalty:
The one great thing to come out of Season Eight (though don't worry: they find many ways to butcher this character and her arc later on) was Episode Two. One of my favorite episodes in the series. Brienne had gone through so many lords and had always devoted herself entirely to them, leading her to become the most "noble" and "honorable" character in the cast. She deserved this moment of recognition. She worked so hard. Gwendoline Christie always gave Brienne her all so it is unfortunate that she seemed to always get overlooked. This was Emmy worthy.

Comment

sloth

&Y.

Straightup the most wholesome, earned emotional moment of the final season to me, this was a beautiful culmination of Brienne's selfless efforts finally being recognized by the men around her. It is also a peak in one of the series' most complex relationships in which Jaime gets to be the one to acknowledge her strength and accomplishments while further working towards proving himself as a better man (or so we thought).

(Ryan #10; Bruno #22; Dalty #9; Penk #22; Matt #21)

Game of Trivia: Honestly, I didn't track this moment's progress but it was very close to Viserys' Golden Crown which Matt rated his top 2. Little did he know, including this as his #21 instead of #22 would actually bump his other favorite moment down! This was also the best use of Tormund’s affection for Brienne yet!

COMMENTS:
Ryan:
ugly cries
Dalty:
The one great thing to come out of Season Eight (though don't worry: they find many ways to butcher this character and her arc later on) was Episode Two. One of my favorite episodes in the series. Brienne had gone through so many lords and had always devoted herself entirely to them, leading her to become the most "noble" and "honorable" character in the cast. She deserved this moment of recognition. She worked so hard. Gwendoline Christie always gave Brienne her all so it is unfortunate that she seemed to always get overlooked. This was Emmy worthy.

Comment

Fresh Threads

Forum software by XenForo® © 2010-2020 XenForo Ltd.
Advanced Forum Stats by AddonFlare - Premium XF2 Addons
| Add-ons by ThemeHouse Modified Theme by xenfocus