🔴 Pokémon Megathread—The Fall of a Titan

x æ a-12

fka bluth fka miss anthropocene fka jupiter
i stan ghost types but tbh the teapot doesn’t do it for me, might have to pretend stan tho because of shell smash

:femmefatale:

Comment

x æ a-12

if i had to choose a team

inTALENTleon (shame it isn’t poison type tho)
dragapult
corviknight
grapploct
frosmoth
grimmsnarl

:femmefatale:

Comment

x æ a-12

them cutting moves now :ahh:

return
pursuit
hidden power

FIRED!

:vegas:

Comment
as glameow and purrugly are not in these games, that means its been 14 years since they've been obtainable in any game (and even at that time it was only in one version of the pair) :rip:

Comment
I finished the game in a bit under 30 hours and the post-game plot only takes like 2 hours. I guess I'll explore the battle tower and return to the wild area tomorrow but I'm basically done

Honest random thoughts on the game as a whole:

The textures for the wild area trees and berry trees are the only major graphical problem I still take issue with, overall it's the best graphics of a pokemon game to date inevitably but still nowhere near as good as they should be tbh.

I found myself getting a bit overleveled so the game was too easy, on replay I won't use any of the experience candies or rare candies and see how that changes things.

My team was good but not the slaying team I had in Let's Go, I was disappointed to find out halfway thru the game that my gift gigantamax Eevee only had regular Eevee stats so on my second and maybe last playthrough I'll swap it for an Obstagoon which are kind of a slay tbh.

There needs to be a clearer distinction made between dynamax and gigantamaxable pokemon. Gigantamax pokemon should also be more readily available tbh. However overall dynamax/gigantamax was a cute gimmick to take advantage of the new hardware imo.

Probably my greatest issue with this game is the storyline and story structure. What I enjoyed was feeling the scale raised in the gym/championship quest with the stadiums and it's a better twist on the formula with the stadiums and puzzles or whatever than last generation tried to do with the trials imo. However the twist with the lack of a real villainous team and the post game being things that should have been included in the main game was messy. The environmentalist message of the dynamax/Rose plot was muddled imo, also the social commentary on stan culture/celebrity and dragging aristocrat could have been more pointed.

I'm glad I went with Shield as I wouldn't have been able to make my ideal team in Sword tbh, and the legendary is kinda irrelevant since you get it in the postgame lolz. Also since I don't plan on paying for a Nintendo membership it's not like I can trade or anything right lol?

Anyways this game wasn't the disaster the naysayers made it seem like but I really hope it serves as a wake up call to GameFuck that they need to do better. Conversely, it's probably time for some of the adults who have been playing these games their whole lives to leave them behind.

Comment

marq

should i get sword/shield

i haven't played a main series game since X/Y but i just got the switch and i feel like it would be cute. i've heard such bad things about it though?

Comment

i haven't played a main series game since X/Y but i just got the switch and i feel like it would be cute. i've heard such bad things about it though?
It wasn't as bad as stans/haters predicted pre-release but SHITendo still needs to step their pxssy game up. It's worth playing if u can buy it second hand imo

Comment

sloth

&Y.

I haven’t picked up the game since it was first released lol, there isn’t much post game content and I’m not buying the overpriced DLCs smh

the Let’s Go games are surprisingly fun tho and good for kneestalgia like Taylord said

Comment

x æ a-12

It wasn't as bad as stans/haters predicted pre-release but SHITendo still needs to step their pxssy game up. It's worth playing if u can buy it second hand imo
the sad thing is it sold decently so miss gamefreak aren’t going to step it up any time soon :rip:

Comment

sloth

&Y.
the way this franchise has faded

they need to come back with pixel 2D games instead of this new nonsense :hooch:

Comment

x æ a-12

the way this franchise has faded

they need to come back with pixel 2D games instead of this new nonsense :hooch:
the sad thing is that it hasn’t really faded commercially. piss and shart (sword and shield) sold very well compared to other games in the franchise. gameFad have no incentive to up their game and they haven’t for a very long time

:sloth1:

Comment

x æ a-12

moltres biggest glow up because the original design was awful, but articuno still the one

these are a lot better than the original designs

Comment

sloth

&Y.
im sorry but zapdos new design is uglee

where did those LEGS come from :biblio:

Comment
I feel like Zapdos will prob have more stans outside this forum tbh, also its new typing is good.

Articuno looks cool but not as much of a serve as Moltres to me

Comment

x æ a-12

So they'll probably announce Let's Go Johto next week :rip:

I'm here for it cuz Johto is my fave region tbh, kneestalgia won
not gonna lie but i’d rather them announce let’s go pichu/marill/espeon/umbreon than gen 4 remakes

the let’s go series feel like more of a spin off for me and tbh lgpe were cute for what they were, whereas, looking at miss sword and shield, if they released dppt remakes they’d come out looking a busted mess

:bangs:

Comment
not gonna lie but i’d rather them announce let’s go pichu/marill/espeon/umbreon than gen 4 remakes

the let’s go series feel like more of a spin off for me and tbh lgpe were cute for what they were, whereas, looking at miss sword and shield, if they released dppt remakes they’d come out looking a busted mess

:bangs:
Good point, I still want gen 4 remakes tho

It'd be messy if they tried to incorporate open world areas into Let's Johto tho hmm. I didn't mind not being able to battle wild pokemon in Let's Go tbh, I just want more of a challenge with the trainer battles like introducing easy/hard modes or scaling idk

We'll see soon enough anyways

:meth2:

Comment

Fresh Threads

Forum software by XenForo® © 2010-2020 XenForo Ltd.
Advanced Forum Stats by AddonFlare - Premium XF2 Addons
| Add-ons by ThemeHouse Modified Theme by xenfocus