5 - Levitating - 3:23
6 - Pretty Please - 3:14
7 - Hallucinate - 3:28
8 - Love Again - 4:18
9 - Break My Heart - 3:41
10 - Good in Bed - 3:38
11 - Boys Will Be Boys - 2:46

Overview:
"Future Nostalgia" is the second studio album by English singer Dua Lipa. It was released on 27 March 2020 by Warner Records, after leaking in its entirety two weeks before its original release date, 3 April 2020. Commencing work on the album in early 2018, Lipa enlisted writers and producers such as Jeff Bhasker, Ian Kirkpatrick, Stuart Price, The Monsters and the Strangerz and others in order to create a disco and pop record with a "nostalgic" and electronic feel. Sonically, Lipa found inspiration in the music of artists that she listened to during her adolescence, such as that of Gwen Stefani, Madonna, Moloko, Blondie and Outkast.

x æ a-12

fka bluth fka miss anthropocene fka jupiter
this is a good album. is it 88 on metacritic good? nah, not really, but it’s good nonetheless and shows that having a vision and putting energy into your music really does make a difference. a year or so ago dua was known as the “go on give us nothing” girl and i kinda admire that she took that away as constructive criticism and made a genuine effort to inject her work with more passion. future nostalgia is a pretty water-tight record which i think is both its strength and weakness. while it makes for a pretty seamless listening experience, it also means that some of the songs feel polished to the extent that they feel over-engineered, which is why i think i never really warmed to don’t start now and physical as much as everyone else. imo the album shines in its more off-kilter and irreverent moments, like the john lautner name-dropping, british accent rapping in future nostalgia, the vulnerability of cool or the kitschy retro futurism of levitating. overall, i think this is a perfect emblem of a poptimist musical landscape where artists have started treating unabashed pop music as a serious art form, one which demands attention and can result in really gratifying results. future nostalgia has a reverence for the past with its olivia newton john references and inxs samples, but also nods towards a future where delivering crowd pleasing bangers and making a conscious effort to be taken seriously as an artist no longer have to be mutually exclusive.

4/5
best: levitating, future nostalgia, cool

Comment
Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB

Fresh Threads

Forum software by XenForo® © 2010-2020 XenForo Ltd.
Advanced Forum Stats by AddonFlare - Premium XF2 Addons
| Add-ons by ThemeHouse Modified Theme by xenfocus