SeriesPokémon
Platform(s)Nintendo DS
Release
  • JP: September 18, 2010[1]
Genre(s)Role-playing
Mode(s)Single-player, multiplayer

jupiter

fka bluth fka miss anthropocene
talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, put it in a blender, shit on it, vomit on it, eat it, give birth to it

Subon

🧡
For real this was a breath of fresh air. It was a franchise that was starting to crack and this was what she needed. :kart:

The attempts at polishing the plot and characters made the world more interesting than the basic quests of the previous games. Them forcing you to step out of your comfort zone and face nothing but new and unfamiliar pokémon was such a daring move that gave the game some real identity. The oft-derided sprite work is at it's best with fluid animation and detail, a stark contrast to the lifeless models that followed in the 3D jump. :artist:

...And the fan reception was so bad that they never took a single risk again. The idiot fans that spent years hating on these games are the reason GF are making Let's Go! titles today. The reason that the franchise has regressed into a rut that it refuses to evolve from. The series should've used this as a jump-off point to move onto bigger, better and more innovative things, but instead became content to wallow in nostalgia sales and the mediocre embrace of stability. 🤢

If I had to pick out a flaw I would say that the world design was too simplified. You follow a straight line with no back-tracking or multiple paths anywhere in the world. The fact that the hand-holding linearity was the one thing they kept from this gen... :biblio:

jupiter

fka bluth fka miss anthropocene
...And the fan reception was so bad that they never took a single risk again. The idiot fans that spent years hating on these games are the reason GF are making Let's Go! titles today. The reason that the franchise has regressed into a rut that it refuses to evolve from. The series should've used this as a jump-off point to move onto bigger, better and more innovative things, but instead became content to wallow in nostalgia sales and the mediocre embrace of stability.
so sad + true. a real turning point for the franchise tbh

:hooch:

I just realized for some reason my post didn't format correctly and it reads like a 65 year old who is trying to use the internet

Top Reload Bottom