Music byJohn Williams
CinematographySteve Yedlin
Edited byBob Ducsay
Production
company
Lucasfilm Ltd.
Distributed byWalt Disney Studios
Motion Pictures
Release dateDecember 15, 2017(United States)
Running time152 minutes
CountryUnited States
LanguageEnglish
Budget$200–317 million
Box office$1.333 billion (highest grossing film of the year WW)

Last edited by a moderator:
Compelling, moving, and subversive - a polarizing piece about the failings of men and the POWER of women, all in the guise of a blockbuster.

jupiter

fka bluth fka miss anthropocene
i’m in two minds about this film. i love it for all the reasons ryan said, but it’s certainly not without its shortcomings - namely, none of the jokes landing (it literally opens with a prank call), the plot being a convoluted mess at times and there also being random, forced plot points that it just does not earn (were we really supposed to care about the benicio del toro twist? lol). in my head it’s a 3 but the fact that it pissed off so many straight white men means i have to give it the benefit of the doubt.

One of the only Star Wars films that actually bother showing us why there is a war in first place and what they are fighting for, whether it is worth it. Its subversive themes being about having to let go of the past and the old was great in an era of blockbuster franchising that does anything but so it's a total Disney drag released by Disney itself. That alone is worth a star. :clap3:

Top Reload Bottom