CountryJapan
LanguageJapanese
Budget
  • ¥1.9 billion
  • ($15–19 million)[2][3]
Box office
  • ¥30.8 billion (Japan)[4]
  • $365 million (worldwide)[a]

One of the best animated films of all time. And it's not even Studio Ghibli's best work (which is Nausicaä btw) I have vivid memories of watching this with my childhood friend for the first time and it really has stuck with me since then. I think the film has shaped me in ways that I can't even imagine: through Miyazaki's message, the unparalleled animation art, the emotional complexity of characters. Ugh I just absolutely adore this film.

Your Name was also a major commercial success, with a total gross of $361 million, becoming the highest-grossing anime film and Japanese film of all time up until Studio Ghibli's Spirited Away's China's release in 2019

About 18 years after its original release in Japan, Spirited Away had a theatrical release in China on 21 June 2019. It topped the Chinese box office with a $28.8 million opening weekend, beating Toy Story 4 in China.[50]] As of 16 July 2019, the film has grossed $70 million in China,[52] bringing its worldwide total box office to over $365 million.

:ahh::jonny::clap3::glam:

jupiter

fka bluth fka miss anthropocene
as cliche as this opinion is, this is ghibli’s best film imo. it’s kinda hard to articulate why this is so perfect, but if a picture can say a thousand words i suppose a gif can say many more

Last edited by a moderator:

jupiter

fka bluth fka miss anthropocene
you have to go to the reviews tab at the top of the thread and go to your review. the option to edit / change your score should be there. (it's under the three dots if ur on mobile)
ahhhhh luv u sloth u are my sun moon and stars i will give u all my crops and livestock and give birth to a perfect strong boy just for u

Ridley

Fortress Guardian
In the realm that is Studio Ghibli movies, I still feel that Grave of the Fireflies is my favourite. However, Spirited Away is a timeless journey from childhood to adulthood, while also having critical commentary on modern Japanese society concerning generational conflicts and environmental issues.

Beautiful soundtrack. Gorgeously animated. Breathtaking cinematography. Thematically rich. Spirited Away is a masterpiece.

Top Reload Bottom