Album Janelle Monae - 'Dirty Computer' (2018)

ReleasedApril 27, 2018
Recorded2015–2018
Studio
  • Wondaland (Atlanta, GA)
  • Chalice(Los Angeles, CA)
  • Atlantic (New York, NY)
  • Shawty Ra (Los Angeles, CA)
  • Stankonia (Atlanta, GA)
Genre
Length48:42
Label
Producer

Tracklist

okay not even dragging to spite Penk but like.. this was just a disappointment overall. the concepts fall kind of flat, and musically it doesn't reach the potential i know she's capable of. It's not a bad album, but it feels very average

okay not even dragging to spite Penk but like.. this was just a disappointment overall. the concepts fall kind of flat, and musically it doesn't reach the potential i know she's capable of. It's not a bad album, but it feels very average
the 3 star rating says "average", you misclicked.

Subon

🧡
More of a 3.5 but y'all so extra over this one. Lacks the vision of the ArchAndroid series, and also feels quite derivative in places, but the best parts are some discography highlights. It's about on par with Electric Lady to me? A respectable piece of work. The visual album idea kinda fell flat imo, the only good videos were the pre-release ones.

jupiter

fka bluth fka miss anthropocene
this is one of those albums which is always better than i remember whenever i go back to listen, but in its absence i never feel inspired to return to it. i think the main thing which stops me is that it’s too polished and clean for my taste (and for a homage to prince, for that matter) and lacks that rawness and edge that makes me want to go back and relisten to all its intricacies and details, but i guess i can’t fault miss janelle for not catering to my mood. :haggard:

Top Reload Bottom